Requirements for applying for a HELB loan.
In Kenya, an organisation called the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) provides funding, loans, and scholarships to help deserving students continue higher education.
However, one might inquire about the prerequisites for submitting a HELB loan application. In fact, it’s crucial to be aware of the different prerequisites for applying for a HELB loan. I will thus list the various conditions for first-time HELB loan applicants in this article.
Requirements for applying for a HELB loan
Requirements during first time helb loan application
- You require a copy of your passport. Because it will serve as evidence of your citizenship, this is significant.
- Also crucial are copies of the parents’ national identification cards. This is significant since it demonstrates your birth citizenship in Kenya. You will need to present a death certificate as evidence if the parents are deceased.
- Copies of the ID/passports of the two guarantors. This is crucial because it provides the board with a backup link in case the direct link is lost.
- Along with the KCSE result sheet, you could also be asked to submit a copy of your acceptance letter from the institution or college.
- You will also need to submit a copy of your bank card or ATM receipt. The fact that only students sponsored by the government are eligible for this should be noted.
- Additionally crucial is the institution’s copy of your smart card.
- You can also be asked to submit a current, colour photo of yourself that fits in a passport. This is essential since it shows the board that you are the applicant.
How to apply for a Subsequent loan from Helb
It’s crucial to remember that you may only apply for future Helb loans using the Helb mobile application.
You can download the HELB application right from the play store.
You will also need to register your information in the application. You can do this to enable the creation of a pin, which you will need to acknowledge the licence agreement after signing in.
It’s also crucial to remember that only Safaricom lines will be employed, essentially the Safaricom line you use for mpesa services. The line must also be registered in your name.